- Windows XP SP3 or later.
- WSH (Windows Script Host) : Open a command prompt and type
- SETX : Open a command prompt and type
setx /?to check.
- Be Admin user.
- Download and install the latest Neard Prerequisites Package.
Neard uses a standard practice for its versioning: major.minor.patchlevel. An even minor marks a stable release, like 1.1, 1.2, 2.0, 2.2, 2.4, etc… Odd minors are used for unstable releases, for example 1.1.x releases are the unstable versions of what will be Neard 1.2 once stable.
Neard offers several versions of the various binaries, applications and tools for download :
It is highly recommended that the path to Neard does not contains any whitespaces. This can cause problem on some modules.
Before starting Neard, edit the configuration file
- lang - Language (see
neard\core\langsfolder for a complete list). Default :
- timezone - The default timezone used by all date/time functions. Default :
- notepad - The editor while opening files. Default :
- logsVerbose - Control the log output verbose (0=simple, 1=report, 2=debug, 3=trace). Default :
- scriptsTimeout - The default timeout when VBS/Batch are executed. May vary depending on your system. Default :
All instructions to upgrade from a previous release are added in the Upgrade notes page.